Monday, October 24, 2011

Frost Free


I am always amused by the jackets and vests at Old Navy this time of year, since they are all touted as "Frost Free". Since my last name is Frost, you would think I would steer clear, but I bought a vest instead.

 I have been on the hunt for a white puffer vest for a few years, but haven't seen one in a store for a while.  As a trendy alternative, I have tried on a few faux fur vests, but each time, my impression was that I looked like a baby yeti, so I opted for a more classic option instead. This one is perfect to wear with casual outfits. In fact, I had the cashier cut off the tags so I could wear it out of the store. Of course, the trick is not to get it too dirty. We'll see how that goes with a one-year-old...


The pockets just beg to be used...


The funny thing about these pants is that they came with stirrups. Seriously, what decade are we in? I guess that explains why I got them last winter on the sale rack for $10. Now that I think about it, those stirrups probably resulted in about a $40 markdown for me. Awesome! In case you are wondering, I cut them off and made a new hem when I got them home.


Earrings: Francesca's
Sweater: Old Navy (here)
Vest: Old Navy (here)
Jeggings: Gap (similar)
Boots: Target (here)

Does anybody else love puffer vests?

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see that vest open a little more with a scarf.

    I have 2 puffers :)

    ReplyDelete