Friday, September 09, 2011

Wear it Again

When I got married in January 2010, I desperately wanted to have bridesmaid dresses that were wearable again. I know every bride says that. But I stayed away from David's Bridal and department stores and opted for Ann Taylor.

Here is a picture of the dress as a bridesmaid dress on the left and how I tried to style it on the right. (Just an FYI one of my bridesmaids gave me her dress--I didn't go buy one to match them)

 

The straps on the dress are a little too long, so I tied them together with a ribbon underneath the sweater. By pulling the straps together it shortens the length of the dress. This dress is a 2 regular and would normally be a tad too long.  






 I love the pattern of this dress.

 Dress: Ann Taylor
Sweater: PacSun
Belt: PacSun
Necklace: Gift

So what do you think of the belted sweater over this dress? Does it improve it? Disguise it too much?

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it. I will have to try wearing mine again before the summer is really over. I will copy your strap idea. The lowish neckline has definitely been the thing stopping me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful dress and I like how the sweater makes it more versatile!

    ReplyDelete