Saturday, September 10, 2011

New Kicks

After recently surveying my fall wardrobe, I found two pretty important gaps that needed filling. First, I had no flat closed-toed shoes except for gym shoes and Ugg-style boots; and second, I had no brown closed-toed dress shoes. Pretty glaring omissions, considering I live in a place that experiences long, cold winters, don't you think? Since Famous Footwear was having a Buy One, Get One 1/2 Off sale, I decided to drop in and see if they had anything that I liked.



For an everyday shoe to wear with casually styled outfits including non-skinny jeans and my new brown pants, I picked up these Skechers. I like the European soccer shoe style and dark brown leather. Really, these are not for when I am trying to look my best, but when I need to do a lot of walking and don't want to look like a tourist. I would say these fit the bill far better than shiny white gym shoes.



To fill the closed-toed brown dress shoe spot, I wanted something that could be worn with either pants or a skirt. These Franco Sartos are a bit of a hybrid of a few currently popular styles. A little menswear inspired and almost an ankle boot, I think they will pair well with lots of things. And the bonus is that they are quite comfortable - enough to wear for a work day that is heavy on walking.

Top Shoe: Skechers (via Famous Footwear)
Bottom Shoe: Franco Sarto (via Famous Footwear)

I am still on the lookout for the perfect pair of nude colored ankle boots to function like nude pumps in cold weather, but I haven't found one that looks quite right. 

What kinds of shoes are missing from your fall closet?

No comments:

Post a Comment