Thursday, August 25, 2011

Summer Neutrals


Here is the new shirt from Ann Taylor, and the wrap bracelet from Francesca's that I picked up the other day. It is supposed to be in the high 80's today, so I decided that an airy skirt was in order to finish the look. I tried various ways to define my waist, but none of them looked right, so I went without. I can't say this is the most leg-lengthening look ever (the wedge heels help a little), but for a day of grocery shopping and playing on the floor, it is just fine.



My hair curling method is finally coming together. I have super straight hair, which until recently, I couldn't get to hold a curl. Here is my new trick: I let my hair almost air dry, and then constantly twist it around my fingers when it is still just a little damp. This makes the longer pieces stay wavy all day. And if I am feeling really ambitious, I take my straightener to the short pieces (I am sure there are tons of videos on YouTube with instructions) - I never knew you could curl with a straightener until my friend, Adair, who cuts my hair, showed me. Thanks, Adair!

This method probably won't work for those of you who have to get your hair dry in a hurry to get out the door to work, but it works great for me, since I stay at home with Luke most days, and all I have to do is twist my hair around my fingers as it dries (I don't often bother with the short pieces).


This is the bag that I carry around every day. It is technically a diaper bag, but it doubles as my purse as well. I love that it doesn't really look like a diaper bag, and that it is well made. The strap, the trim, and the bottom are a sturdy leather, and the rest of it is a synthetic material that is easy to wipe down. It has just the right amount of pockets to keep my stuff and Luke's stuff separate but accessible. Big plus.

I bought this bag as a sort of gift to myself for going through labor and delivery. It is actually the most expensive bag that I own, coming in at about $150 after discounts from Buy Buy Baby. It was definitely worth the splurge though, since I will likely be carrying it for several years with several babies. 


Earrings: Ann Taylor Factory Store
Shirt: Ann Taylor
Bracelet: Francesca's
Skirt: Old Navy
Bag: Storksak Emily (via Buy Buy Baby)
Shoes: Target


1 comment:

  1. Your hair does look fabulous! I am excited about my first shout out on a blog. :)

    ReplyDelete