Saturday, August 06, 2011

Date Night


Last night, my husband and I left Luke with Grandma and went out for our first date (alone) in a long time. We went out to a seafood dinner, and it was so nice just to sit and catch up with each other. So, for the occasion, I put on this stripy number, which I bought a few months ago and shortened 4". I think that a hem that hits just above the knee works best for me, with just below the knee coming in as a close second, depending on the cut of the skirt/dress.


This is the only picture from the actual night...and then the camera battery died, so I had to do some self-timers this morning.


It is rare to see me carry any bag but my diaper bag, but since no one in our party of two for the evening would be needing diapers, I left it with Grandma and tried out this fun new one from Forever 21. I have to say, I am quite impressed by the feel of the leather (or whatever it is made of - it seems like real leather anyway) and the tobacco brown color is gorgeous. For the $32 price, I think it is a great find.

As for the gold bangles, I found them at a thrift store that happens to carry lots of Indian jewelry and clothing. They had every size you can imagine - some so tiny that only a baby could wear them. And that is good news for me, since when I put on standard sized bangles, they fall right off my wrist onto the floor when I put my arm down. There is something about bangles that I really love. I think it is because they remind me of my sweet grandma (who we always called by her first name, Audie). She always wore a stack of bangles, so just the sound of them clinking against each other almost makes me look around for her. I learned to count on Audie's bangles. Maybe Luke can learn to count on mine.



Sunglasses: Kate Spade
Necklace: Francesca's
Dress: Ann Taylor (altered)
Bangles: Thrifted
Bag: Forever 21
Shoes: Ann Taylor Factory Store

2 comments:

  1. Keep going on those date nights! I like having your diaper bag at my house...and someone who wears diapers too!

    ReplyDelete