Saturday, July 30, 2011

Welcome to the 80's


I decided today to embrace the fact that I am a child of the 1980's. Generally, my rule is that shirts should never be wider than they are long, but after seeing this post from Jean at Extrapetite.com, I picked this shirt up at Forever 21. That was about 2 months ago. 

When I got it home, I put it on, tried to belt it, and decided that maybe it would be better if I shrank it, so I threw it into the wash. It was better, but still hung off my shoulders too much, and I couldn't bring myself to actually wear it in public. So, today I realized the obvious: if I layer it over a white tank top, the modesty problem will be avoided. So, here I am, in all my 1980's glory.


I spent a lot of time climbing trees in the 80's...and 90's...and 2000's....


I went grocery shopping in this outfit, and the wine guy at Trader Joe's complemented me on it. He said I looked 'fresh and springy'. Thank you, sir. Why yes, I'll gladly buy a bottle of wine.


Earrings: Target
Shades: Diane VonFurstenburg
Tank: Target
Shirt: Forever 21
Shorts: Old Navy
Shoes: Target

1 comment:

  1. I love the 80's outfit. It shows a nice variety in your wardrobe. :)

    ReplyDelete