Tuesday, July 05, 2011

(Almost) Patriotic


Sunglasses: Diane VonFurstenberg
Earrings: Target (old)
Shirt: Kohl's
Shorts: Gap Outlet
Shoes: Target (old)
Hat: Target 




For the 4th of July weekend, we headed out to my husband's family's lake house to rest, eat lots of BBQ, and spend time with his enormous, wonderful family. This is what I wore on Saturday, the 2nd, so I get a pass for wearing {orange}, white, and blue instead of the more appropriate red. Close enough. 

Anyway, this summer, I have been particularly drawn to {navy and orange} as a color combination, so when I saw these shorts at Gap Outlet, I had to bring them home with me. I love that they are a linen blend, so they are light and airy; though unfortunately, I have to iron the cuff after I wash them - and since I hate ironing, they will probably go through many wears between washes. 

As for the shirt, I am loving the half-tucked in shirt style that I have been seeing around. It adds just a slight bit of polish to any shirt, even a simple tee. You will be seeing a lot of that on me this summer.

I picked up the hat at target for $10 the other day, and I think it is a nice sporty option for a bad hair day, or simply a sunny one. The best thing about it is that, unlike pretty much every baseball cap-style hat I have ever worn (and there have been many - I played softball in high school and college), it fits without either covering or bending down my ears. That is a big plus for a girl with a not one-size-fits-all head.

Thanks for reading, and I hope your 4th was fantastic!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the half tucked in look lately. That's a good idea! I'm definitely ripping that idea off of you :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute look! And you know me, I LOVE orange and blue (War Eagle!) Love your blog idea...and wish you much success with it. Blogging has opened the world into my studio...I have "met" so many wonderful women from around the world and many have become special friends. Are you going to add a "follower" list on your sidebar? This is a good tool to actually see who likes your blog...and encourages others to join in the conversation. Just a thought...
    Hugs,
    Jane (artfullygraced.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mrs. M! How ever did you find us? Katie and I are pretty excited to be joining the blogging world. Thanks for the followers tool idea. I will try to figure that one out.

    ReplyDelete