Thursday, July 07, 2011

Family Fourth


Shades: Diane Von Furstenberg
Necklace: Ann Taylor Factory Store
Shirt: Banana Republic Factory Store
Cropped Cargos: LOFT


I have to say that I am on the fence as to whether petites can get away with cropped pants. They tend to remind me of Huck Finn rafting down the Mississippi. However, I think this pair has the ingredients needed to make them work. First, they fit close to the leg without being too tight for comfort, so I don't feel that they make my legs look wider. And second, they taper to follow the line of the leg (thanks to the handy drawstrings), so they don't cut me off as a flared leg would. Plus, I like the cargo pocket details to add interest. What do you think?


I picked up this necklace during a sale at Ann Taylor Factory Store. I have been wearing it doubled up,  but am looking for ways to wear it long, as intended. I am really not used to wearing long necklaces (or any necklaces really), so it will definitely be a learning process.

The shirt I bought on clearance at Christmas when I was in Florida, shopping with the Queen of Deals, Katie. At first, the gathered sides reminded me of my maternity shirts, but when I put it on, I liked the extra detail, since it took it up a notch over a plain tee shirt. The scoop neck, however, went down way too low, so I did some DIY alterations to bring up the shoulders and close the gap under the arm pit. I think it turned out pretty well.

I always look my best when I am with my two favorite people in the world: my wonderful husband, Peter, and my sweet baby, Luke. 

No comments:

Post a Comment