Monday, November 07, 2011

Splurge


I have been looking for a patterned long-sleeved top, and stumbled upon this one at LOFT. And not only is it patterned, but it is a snakeskin pattern. So on trend...and that brings my animal print count to 3. Remember the scarf and shoes? It is a nice twist on what could have been a rather boring neutral.


I appreciate that the shirt is cut more like a tunic, rather than opening in the front and having the buttons go all the way down. It makes it easier to tuck into pants and skirts. 

I hardly ever look at new merchandise in stores, so that I won't be tempted to buy at full price, but this blouse caught my eye as I headed toward the dressing room. After I tried it on, I broke down and handed it to the cashier, but I'm glad I did, since it is already sold out online. I thought about waiting for a sale, but it would almost certainly be gone, especially in my size. 


Earrings: Ann Taylor Factory Store
Infinity Scarf: LOFT (last winter)
Top: LOFT (sold out online - check stores)
Belt: Banana Republic Factory Store
Pants: Ann Taylor Factory Store
Shoes: Ann Taylor Factory Store

Do you have any suggestions how I should style this shirt? 

1 comment:

  1. I really like that blouse. I'm becoming more of a snakeskin fan :). Good job adopting more animal print into your wardrobe, I'm proud.

    ReplyDelete