Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Hand and Cloth


Over the weekend, I attended an event called Seeds for Bangladesh, which was held by Hand and Cloth. Their mission is to rescue women in Bangladesh from the sex trade into which they were born, sold, or kidnapped by providing dignified work - making Kantha blankets. Hand made of vintage sari material, they are beautifully colored and patterned, and their sale helps to ensure that these women have a safe means to provide for themselves and their children with dignity. If you are interested in buying one, check out Hand and Cloth's website.




We had a great time sampling South-Asian inspired dishes made by a local chef, and great desserts, including Hand and Cloth's signature Chai Latte Cupcakes. Yum. Then, we got to hear the stories of some of the ladies who make the blankets, as told by the organization's sweet founder, Sarah.


As to what I wore...


The invitation called for business casual attire, so I jumped on the chance to wear this new blouse that I picked up at LOFT on clearance. I love the rich eggplant color, and the fit is perfect straight off the rack, even the sleeve length! The fabric is thicker than I expected (not see-through at all), and looked great even after a wash (without ironing)! It is a lovely addition to my wardrobe, especially since it looks great tucked or untucked. Just FYI, the XS runs way bigger than the XSP if you are on the hunt for it. I so wish I could buy it in 5 colors...



Earrings: Ann Taylor Factory Store
Blouse: LOFT (here)
Skirt: LOFT (similar)
Shoes: Ann Taylor Factory Store

What charitable work around the world excites you?

No comments:

Post a Comment