Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Tourist in My Own City


It was Friday. My calendar stood completely empty. That's what I like to call a recipe for a good adventure...

With the words, "It's risky, but try it!" ringing in my ears (thanks, Dad), Luke and I set off for our first train trip to Chicago. I had no idea if this was a disaster in the making or a brilliant idea. As it turned out, we had an amazing time. Luke was a champ on the train, and took a nap in the stroller in the afternoon, so there were no meltdowns. And the big bonus: we got to have lunch downtown with Peter and ride home with him on the train after work!



Commuter Baby.



We made it!


Sweet Sleeper.


The Art Institute.


A Renaissance Favorite (He designed the dome in Florence, Italy)


Michigan Avenue. I only had time to drop into Zara for the first time, but sadly, was a little uninspired. I like what I see other bloggers wearing from there, though. I guess any store is hit or miss on any given day.



City Baby.


Our Chicago adventure was the perfect chance to break out some fun new finds. First, I picked up the scarf for $11 at Gap with a sale and a coupon. It is super soft, and I love the little birds in fall colors. I think it will be my go-to scarf this season, especially with my eggplant-colored cords. 

Then, the riding boots. I reviewed these yesterday, in case you missed it. I took a major risk today by wearing them for the first time to walk for miles around Chicago. Thankfully, they served me well, and though my feet were tired from all the walking, they didn't rub me the wrong way at all. 



Sparrows. They remind me of one of my favorite old songs, His Eye is On the Sparrow.


The Bean.


Home again. With my favorite people in the world.

Sunglasses: Diane VonFurstenberg
Scarf: Gap
Jacket: TJ Maxx
Pants: Gap (here)
Boots: Target (here)

Thanks for joining us on our adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment